The annual Tennessee Ag Literacy Week is scheduled for November 15-21, 2020. Our goal is to reach as many students across Tennessee as possible with our great beef story. We have got a great story to tell and I know the students will love learning all about our industry!
How to Participate:
1) Contact a teacher in your county (any grade level is great, but most of our resources are geared for K-8). Set up a time with the teacher to read to the class in-person (if allowed by school district) or virtually. We suggest doing a pre-recorded video that the teacher can share with the class. If you prefer to do it live, Zoom is also a great option.
2) Contact Janna Sullivan (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please have grade level and number of students in class. You will be sent a book and activity books for the class (if needed).
3) Read to Students. Take Pictures. Wear farm gear and take pictures of your own operation to make it personal. Enjoy your time with the class!
4) Leave teacher form with teacher. Each teacher who has a reader in their classroom is eligible to win prizes!
5) Fill out reader form (www.tennesseeag.org) Each reader is also eligible to win prizes!
6) Post on Social Media! Make sure to ask teacher for photo permission of students or get picture that do not include faces.
Please contact Janna Sullivan with any questions!